Background Image

H-1B Extensions

In this Section

Petition Process
If the sponsoring department wishes to extend the employment beyond the current H-1B authorization and the employee is eligible for additional extension of time, a new H-1B petition must be completed and submitted with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

It is recommended that the sponsoring department submit the extension six to seven months in advance but no later than 60 days prior to the current H-1B expiration date.

Step 1

 Department submits "Extension of Stay H-1B Petition" Form 

Step 2 Data Collection
Step 2 LCA is filed with DOL
Step 2 H-1B Petition is filed with USCIS
Step 2 Notice of Approval from USCIS