Background Image


In this Section


Public transportation is limited in Potsdam, N.Y. Clarkson University students do have access to the following within the surrounding community.

Driving in NYS – you are able to drive in the United States if you have a valid driver’s license from your home country. You must be able to understand the license is valid – therefore – if it is not in English, you may need to provide an ‘International Driving Permit’ which will verify that you hold a valid license in your home country.

To apply for a NYS driver’s license – you will need to take the driver’s test and comply with the Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) requirements to apply for a driver’s license. Details can be found on their website.

Rental Cars – you can rent a vehicle from a local rental car agency. Please note that you will be required to have a valid driver’s license and may incur higher costs based on age requirements. Please see local rental car companies for additional details.

Trailways Bus – Trailways is the bus company that provides transportation around NYS and beyond for nominal costs. Please visit their website for additional details.