Background Image

Non-Exchange Program Policies

In this Section

If you choose to study abroad at a college or university that is not one of our partners, you’ll be responsible for paying tuition and other program expenses directly to that institution.

You’ll also need to apply for a temporary leave of absence from Clarkson, which can be initiated through your Student Administrative Services (SAS) Representative.  A temporary leave of absence that is non-medical will allow the student to simply re-enroll without going through the readmission process.  Since the student is not enrolled at Clarkson for that semester, they cannot use their financial aid and could use up the grace period on their loans.