Background Image

International Students

In this Section

It is important to note that while international students are eligible for all types of University grants, scholarships and assistantships, federal student loans are available only to students who are US citizens or permanent residents.  Alternative funding may be available to international students via private sources in the form of loans or other awards.  We strongly encourage you to carefully investigate these sources of funding before making a final decision.

After you have been accepted in a program of study, all international students are required to provide a confidential Certification of Finances to identify sufficient funding for your education before an I-20 will be issued.  An I-20 must be obtained from Clarkson University before you may apply for a visa to enter the United States for educational purposes.

Outside Resources

Information on outside scholarships and loans for international students are available at: