Background Image


In this Section

When you have a complaint, question or concern regarding discrimination, harassment, assault or abuse you have several options on how to proceed. The policy and procedures for complaints is listed under Policy & Procedure. This page explains what to report and to whom you can report it.

Emergency Situations

If it is an emergency situation we urge you to contact Campus Safety, 315-268-6666 or Potsdam Police, 911, directly.  Campus Safety can accept anonymous reports. 


It is against federal law for any member of the university community to retaliate against a complainant or a witness in a complaint.

What to Report

All witnessed, experienced or known cases of discrimination or harassment should be reported. 


Any person can report an issue of discrimination or harassment to the Chief Inclusion and Human Resources Officer, Suong Ives,, 315-268-7791, 103 Graham Hall.


Incidents involving staff should be reported to your direct supervisor or Human Resources.


Incidents involving student(s) should be reported to the Dean of Students, 315-268-6620.

A University Guest or Contractor

Incidents involving Guests of students should be reported to the Dean of Students, 315-268-6620, involving Non-Students or Contractors Human Resources.

Quick Exit

Emergency Help

Contact US

“No person shall be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex (gender), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence, victim status, marital status, personal status, ancestry, source of income, or other classes protected by law.”

-Clarkson University’s Non-Discrimation Policy